June 07, 2017 Meeting Minutes
BMMGA Board Meeting
Minutes of the BMMGA Board on June 07, 2017
The meeting was called to order by President Tom Higgins, who reported on the BMC Golf Committee Meeting: 1) There are new signs on the course; 2) The formation of a 9-Hole golf association was approved for recommendation to the BMC board; 3) The Mountain Magic event is full.
Also present were board members Harold Kaplan, Richard Mayeron, David Frum, Richard Andresen, Bob Gallagher & Drew Sayko
The minutes from the previous meeting on September 14, 2016, which were previously emailed to members of the Board, were moved on, seconded and unanimously approved as written.
- All meeting minutes will be posted on the website
- The 2017 budget and expenses were discussed
- The budget was based on 130 members and we presently have 129
- The Pro-School and Junior funds were donations and are presently reserved for these uses
- The use of surplus funds to pay for better trophies and possible increase in men’s day purses was discussed
- The BMMGA will continue to pay ½ of member’s cost for the Invite-A-Guest breakfast, luncheon, etc. Guests will pay the full cost, charged to the member’s account
- Next year’s dues will continue at $55, but a gradual annual increase was discussed
- Interclub/Weekly Games:
- The Interclub games are completely booked
- The number of players for the weekly games and the schedule of weekly games were discussed
- The New Rules tryout was discussed and will be tried on days when scores are not reportable
- The Ryder Cup game format was discussed.
A motion was made and seconded to pick the members for the two teams by computer handicap; and to then have the two Captains pick the specific teams, pairings & matches. The motion was approved. The exact logistics will be decided at the July board meeting.
The sign-up will start on August 9 and finish on August 25.
- The BMMGA will have a table at Mimosa Morning
- There will be 3 luncheons and a Sept. 10 Banquet this year
- The next luncheon will be on July 12
- It was decided to continue the special awards for the Banquet to be presented to members present at the Banquet
- BMMGA will pay $27.00 for the 2017 Banquet for each member attending
- Special Events:
- The Folds of Honor Day is set in September
- The BMMGA Championship is set for August 2-4, 2017
- The Invite-A- Guest event was moved to the 2nd Wednesday after the Championship
- There are presently 129 members
- New membership applications and the check will go the Membership Chairman; a copy of the app. and the check will then be sent to the Treasurer; the Treasurer will then send a copy of the app. to the Head Golf Pro with a check for $18 to set up the handicap system; a copy of the app. will be sent by the Membership Chairman to the President and the Manager of the BMMGA database.
- Website and Database:
- The board meeting minutes will be brought up to date
- The Membership Directory will be brought up to date
- The databases are backed up in case of a problem and will not be lost
The next Board meeting will be called by Tom Higgins in July.
There being no further business, a motion to adjourn the meeting was made, seconded and approved.
Respectfully submitted, Drew Sayko, Secretary.